Wednesday, December 22, 2010


I am officially a Christmas season adult. I don't know when this happened. Just last year, age 20 going on 21, I still got giddy over Christmas approaching and found myself impatiently awaiting its arrival. I wondered what would be under the tree Christmas morning, and I enjoyed the beautiful season up until that day. While I'm still enjoying my holiday break from school and enjoying fellowship with good friends, I'm finding myself wishing for a few more days before Christmas this year. Instead of myself, my focus as been more on gifts for other people. While constantly wondering what to get who and deciding which ones need to be wrapped and given before others, Christmas has been chasing me down l and I really need some more time to get things done before it catches me! I've had to throw a couple of work days in with the mix of the holiday craziness too, and boy has it ridden me exhausted! I guess procrastination has made a small contribution to all my Christmas rush, but the fact that I've been focused more on other people this Christmas to a point where Christmas has snuck up on me and I don't even feel READY... shows me that I'm growing up. (longest sentence ever) It's a good kind of growing up. I'll admit, with only 15 days until my 22nd birthday, I'm kinda wanting this whole aging process to take a break for a little while. However, every now and then I find the kind of growing up that's not so bad, and it's quite a humbling experience. :) I often forget just to simply be thankful that Santa even comes to my house on Christmas. I couldn't be more fortunate and THANKFUL for where I am and what I have in my life. So here's to growing up, and keeping in mind the real meaning of Christmas:the Lord and his many blessings, fellowship, family&friends, and giving.

(while still stuffing my face with way more chocolate peppermint confections as I ought to be)

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't we all love the holiday to catch up with everyone (and eat a bit too much)!

    It always seems to go by so quickly - too quickly for my taste!!

    Your photo is lovely!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete